Monday, June 23, 2008

What a Beautiful Weekend

Friday night we got Justin's parents to watch Rylee for us while we went to go see a movie. This isn't something we do often so it was kind of nice. We went and saw "The Happening" which I didn't mind at all. I decided that if I don't want to see what the time is and when the movie is going to end I probably enjoyed the movie. I didn't look at the time over and over again so I would say this movie is entertaining-I have definitley seen better though. I was reprimanded though by my sister because I told her the movie was good (by my definitions) and so her and her husband went and saw it Saturday and they both hated it. Oh well-what do you do?










Saturday Justin ran his very 1st 5K race. Here he is before the race-of course I had to put in the picture of both him and Rylee too. Doesn't he look so excited? He didn't feel like he did all that well but as far as I am concerned he did it and that's what matters. I think he enjoyed it though and I can see him doing another one. Practice makes perfect-I am sure he will get better each time. He did learn 1 lesson already-don't drink too much water!
Rylee and I didn't get to see him this time as I had so much to do that day and we went to our weekly Walmart grocery session. I have people make fun of me when I go to Walmart because I spend probably an hour and a half each week just looking and doing my grocery shopping. I went last Friday night w/ my mom and she said that she hadn't been grocery shopping with me for a while and now she remembers why. When we got back from the grocery store we let Rylee run through the sprinklers. She had been asking to do that all week and was so excited. So we turned on the sprinkler and she just kind of stood there in the water. Justin and I kept telling her to run and jump through. You have to know Rylee-she hates getting water in her eyes adn i think that is why she was so hesitant. It wasn't until Justin turned on the automatic lawn sprinklers that the fun began. For some reason she just liked that better. She had a blast! It was just a nice day that we got to spend together and outside!









Sunday was just as nice-a little windy but nice. Justin and I decided that we needed to get Rylee a different water toy since she didn't like the sprinklers all that well. We ended up getting her a slip and slide and also a pool that is a whale and the whales tail is a slide. That one takes a little time so we set up the slip and slide for her.









That was hilarious. She got a running start and when she got to the slide she just kind of laid down and push herself up the slide. I forget that sometimes it sounds easier than it probably is for her to do. She is still a little young for this toy. So she could enjoy it I grabbed her arm and propelled her forward. She loved it! She didn't even mind getting water in her eyes. She would just get up run to her towel and wipe her eyes and run back and wait for me to send her thru again. Luckily it was a little windy that day and she got a little chilly so I only had to do that like 30 times before she got too cold. Hopefully we can get the whale pool set up this week so she can try that out. More on that later.

No comments: