Friday, June 13, 2008

Family Vacation





Last Friday we went on our family vacation to Utah. Not very adventerous but we had a lot of fun. We stayed with my sister and her family. Her son Andrew and Rylee have such a good time together. We are very fortunate that they are so close in age. Anyway, we were going to start our vacation by going to Hogle Zoo on Friday but the weather didn't cooperate with us so we ended up taking the kids to the movie Kung Fu Panda which I thought was hilarious and the kids seemed to like it too.

Then on Saturday we went to the zoo. The day started overcast but luckily ended up sunny-a little chilly so I had to wear my jacket all day but I won't complain too much because I am always cold!! We had a really good time there. We got to see an elephant show where they showed us what the elephants could do-that was kindof cool.

Sunday we went to Lagoon thinking that if we went on Sunday it wouldn't be so busy but maybe because it was such a nice day people were out and about because I thought it was pretty busy. Rylee and Andrew went on a lot of the rides and had a blast. Before we even went on our trip Rylee kept talking about how she was so excited to go to "Goon" and how she wanted to go into the haunted houses. She loves those. Last year when she went she hated lady bug drop but this year she loved it. Andrew who loved it last year cried the whole time we were on the ride. He also didn't want to ride in the haunted houses but last minute he ended up riding w/ me and did great! Justin and I went on a couple of the rides. My sister is kind enough to let us go on some of the funner rides which we appreciate. We really like the ride Wicked even though I make myself sick while we stand in line for 30 minutes and I freak myself out and then after the 2 second ride is over and I want to go again. The last ride we went on right at closing time was the water rapids ride because last year the kids loved it but you get soaked so we waited til the end. We were freezing after that and the kids were so tired. I think it took them maybe 10 minutes before they were asleep.

All in all it was a great fam vaca and I love spending time with Andrew and Nicole. I am always sad when we have to leave each other and can't wait until the next time we get to see each other. Can't wait til next year! :)

No comments: