Monday, June 16, 2008

Fathers Day

It was a very nice Fathers Day weekend. My sister and her family came on Saturday and I am always excited to see them. We went to Smitty's for dinner and then sent the men off to The Hulk movie for early Fathers Day present while we went shopping (our gift to ourselves) and watched the kids. Sunday we went over to my parents house for breakfast adn to give my Dad his gift and then later that day Nicole, Kent, Justin and I took Andrew and Rylee to the park. I think the kids had a lot of fun playing and Kent and Justin had fun playing frisbee. Justin has battlescars from that! :) I just had fun hanging out with my sister. We then had to say an early goodbye as we were going to the Chipps for a BBQ which was a good time too. I always get really sad when I have to part ways with my sister. I just always like having her and Andrew around. Especially at times like these w/ gas prices adn everything you wish that you could all live in the same town so you could be closer. But I am grateful that she really isn't too far away!
Andrew had surgery on his ear today. He had ear plugs several years ago and 1 hadn't come out yet and had developed a painful polyp in his ear. He is such a brave little boy. Yesterday he told us what was going to happen and he didn't even get scared or teary eyed. When I talked to Nicole today everything went great. He didn't even cry and said it didn't hurt. They also didn't find a polyp when they went in there-what a miracle.
Anyway, it was a great weekend and I am grateful to hear Andrew is doing great.

No comments: