Monday, April 6, 2009

Ebert & Chipp

So I wanted to do something this weekend that Rylee would enjoy. Normally on the weekends it is just the regular grocery shopping (which I love but she doesn't) and cleaning the house. Nothing fun for her so we decided to take her to the Monsters Vs Aliens movie. She was so excited to go. I have to admit that I am never excited to go see the cartoon movies but as a parent it is a requirement. Not that I am a movie critic in the slightest but here are my opinions on some past kid movies.

It seems like lately most of the movies we have seen are just ok. Kung Fu Panda I think was mostly for adults and Rylee didn't really even like the movie that much. Wall E and The Tale of Despereaux which were both cute movies but I think they were too serious. I am not trying to knock these movies down-they all have good message but I want laughter! I like the movies that both child and adult can enjoy. We need more of these movies. I thought Bolt was a good movie and it was funny (mostly because of the hamster) and Rylee loved it-we actually have that one on DVD now and have watched maybe 10 times already-I say "we" because when Rylee watches a movie most of the time she wants us to watch it with her! Now on to the movie of the moment. Monsters Vs Aliens-I really liked this movie. Rylee liked it and it made 2 adults laugh-it takes a lot to make me laugh and so I definelty recommend this one!

1 comment:

andrew's mom said...

Glad you guys liked it-I would've felt lame for recomending it if you would have hated it. Cute title you clever little thing you!