Tuesday, October 14, 2008

SNOW DAY

Well we had our 1st snow fall this year on Sunday. Rylee loves snow. 1st thing she wanted to do that morning was go outside in the snow. Justin got all her gear on (I was conveniently getting ready for the day)-snowpants, boots, coat, mittens (can't be gloves) and hat-all of this takes about an hour to get on for 20 minutes of fun outside! But Rylee loves it-she especially loves to eat the snow. It gets her so excited. She always tells me she's going to eat it all gone. So she ate some snow, made some snow angels and had a snowball fight with dad. She had a blast.

Justin is already getting excited to go snowboarding this year. He hasn't gone for a couple of years but he ordered some new things for his board so he can go again and Rylee saw his snowboard adn now she wants to go snowboarding. We tell her maybe next year when she is a little bit bigger adn she says "I will just ride with you on your snowboard so I don't fall". Ya right-they'd never get off the ground!

So everybody is excited about the snow but my hope is that it gets warmer so that we will have a nice Halloween and we won't freeze to death. It has already melted which made Rylee cry (just a little) and I told her we can't go trick-or-treating in the snow. Then I asked her what she would rather have "snow or trick-or-treating?" Her answer...........SNOW!!

After coming in from the snow I did Rylee's hair. I have been reading some blogs about doing girl hair and I love them. They show step by step how to do some really cute hairdos. I have looked everywhere for ways to do Rylee's hair and I happened upon these blogs by accident but I am so excited. I even tried one of the hairstyles on Sunday and did another one on Monday and everybody at her daycare loved her hair. The one where she is sleeping is from Sunday-this was taken after church and she was exhausted and the other is Monday. I think she could care less about her hair as she always wants to leave it down but I am so excited for these fun hairstyles. I can't forget the exciting news that Rylee got a haircut. Well sortof-she cut a little chunk out of the back of her hair. I freaked out at 1st because it looked like a ton of hair and she was crying but in the end it could have been worse-it could have been a huge chunk in the front and then I would have to cut her hair. But once her hair was brushed it ended up being small enough that it blends in. I have been told all little girls do that but I know I never did that. I am going to continue to experiment with her hair. I am going to try a new one each weekend and hopefully remember to take a picture so I can show what I've done.

2 comments:

andrew's mom said...

Thanks for the post with PICS! Love to see the cute hairdos.

Rylee's Mom said...

I will never leave another post pictureless!