Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Backyard BBQ

This last Saturday Justin and I had a BBQ in the backyard. We had my sister and her family, my parents, Justin's parents and Brett and Cheryl come over. It was really hot that day and we had the BBQ right in the afternoon. My parents had brought over a couple of umbrellas for shade and so that helped out a lot. My parents actually had to bring over a ton of stuff like the table and more chairs because we weren't quite prepared this year. Hopefully by next year we will be all set. It was really fun though. My sister brought over her famous 7 layer dip (one side without onions for her favorite sister) and we had hamburgers and hot dogs for lunch. Justin's mom Bette also brought her famous potato salad (with a little bowl minus the onions for you know who) and everybody loves her potato salad. I don't know what she does to it but it just tastes extra good.







Justin had The Plunge set up and the kids had a blast with that. Andrew was a little nervous at first but once uncle Justin had pushed him down the slide he was ready to go. Even some of us adults got into it. Sometimes it is nice not worrying about what you look like and just having fun-just like we used to when we were kids. After playing on the plunge for a bit we broke out the water guns. We had one each for the kids and of course the adults got into that one too. That was a blast-the kids had fun chasing after all the adults trying to get them wet. Cheryl got my dad with a bottle of water while he was filling up a bottle for the kids so of course my dad had to get Cheryl triple what she got him. He had filled up the trash can full of water and then dumped it on Cheryl-she was soaked. None of us even noticed him getting this big trash can full of water. After that my dad hid inside because he knew Cheryl would try to get revenge.









Everything was hunky dory until uncle Brett threw a ball and it hit Andrews water gun which hit him in the face and made his lip bleed. That upset him and he wanted to go home so they left at about 2:30. Then Rylee got hurt (of course) and after that everybody left. She can't go one day without getting hurt-she is very accident prone which makes me very nervous! The kids were way tired though and I think getting hurt just broke the straw.










I will defintley do this again though. It was a good ending to a good weekend. For more pictures go to this link http://picasaweb.google.com/justin.chipp.

1 comment:

andrew's mom said...

I love that Picasa thing. I need to get on that like blue...nevermind.