Monday, October 5, 2009

Look What I Can Do!

So a few weeks ago we took the training wheels off Rylee's bicycle. We figured this would be the best time as she has just about grown out of this bike and it would be easier on this bike because she can touch the ground then try to teach her on a bigger bike. We have only been able to practice a couple of times and she was getting a little better-she could go down the driveway with no help. But last night as my mom and I were coming home from our evening walk we saw something in the road coming toward us. As I looked closer it was my DH walking besides Rylee on her bike with no help. She is just riding along (just a little skiwoppidly-don't even know how to spell a made up word) but she is riding all by herself. I was so excited. And as we got closer it was so cute to see she had this big huge grin on her face that she was doing it on her own. What a warm fuzzy to see how excited she was and how excited I was for her! I love everything about being a mom but I love moments like that the best!























She had a Bike a thon at school later that week and she did really well. They rode twice-once in the morning and once in the afternoon. My mom went in the morning and said Rylee fell once but in the afternoon she didn't fall at all and she rode the whole 1/2 hour. It was so cute to see all these little kindergartners w/ their melon heads (because of the helmets of course!) riding on the little bikes. How fun!!

1 comment:

Tandee said...

Go, Rylee! How exciting for her! And to even get to ride in a bike-a-thon! Lucky girl. She's so cute on her bike. Now she graduates to a new one? And what's the update on your house??? =)