Thursday, December 18, 2008

All Wrapped Up

For those of you wondering if I have fallen off the earth....I have not. I have just been spending my nights wrapping Christmas gifts. I wrap a couple a night (or try to) because I am bound and determined to finish by the end of the week-Friday preferrably. I DO NOT want to be wrapping the week of Christmas. I seem to always freak out by about this time because I have to wrap and wrapping just isn't one of my favorite things. I am usually like the picture shown above. I think that has only happened twice as of right now. I have never been able to cut the paper in a straight line which just drives me nuts and I am just not a pretty wrapper-I can't do all those fancy pretty bows and do dads that my sister always does. Her packages always put mine to shame but I am not letting that bother me this year. This year really hasn't been that bad and I think I might be enjoying myself. I told my sister that I decided I would wrap every present and not use 1 gift bag this year especially for the kids presents because I think they have more fun unwrapping the presents. I shouldn't have said that because I now have used 2 gift bags and 1 was for Rylee and 1 for Andrew (it was only the boring clothes though!)

I haven't even had the chance to tell about my 1st (kind of) fake tree experience. We have always had real trees and I vowed to never have a fake tree! I ate those words too but I am loving my fake tree. The lights look great and it looks real and I have my Christmas Tree Scentsey going so it smells real! We also have a fake tree downstairs that Justin's parents gave us a couple of years ago-it is our cheesy tree. Not my favorite tree but I like having one downstairs too. Now I have a new Scentsey down there too so it smells more real and that helps.


Well enough about that. Guess I need to get back to work. Actually, I just had a small procedure done on the bottom of my foot earlier today and I am on hydrocodone for pain. As I am feeling rather dizzy and yucky I think I will have to forego the wrapping tonight. At least I got my blogging done. This next picture will be me by tomorrow night as I will have finished all my wrapping!

1 comment:

Tandee said...

Oh, you crack me up! I can't believe you get so discouraged wrapping presents! I don't even do bows or cute nametags, because my family just rips them up, anyway. But I do like the wrapping vs. bags, because it is more fun to open. I hope you had a great Christmas, and that your wrapping job was appreciated! =)