Thursday, November 20, 2008

Festival of Trees

So Rylee had her very first dance performance last night at Festival of Trees at the Red Lion. She was so excited about it-I think I was more nervous than she was. I ended up taking off a little bit early from work just in case we had any snags. I had to curl her hair in ringlets. I did 3 different layers just so there would be tons of curls and she just sat there so good watching cartoons (I didn't even burn her once thank goodnes!) and she never even moved. Then it was makeup time and she was so excited about getting to wear mascara. I could barely even get it on because she wouldn't open up her eyes but she still looked very pretty. After getting on her costume we rushed to the Red Lion as we were supposed to be there early. We had plenty of time to look around but Rylee was so anxious to go in the back with all the other dancers so I just took her back and waited. It was so cute to see all the little girls in all the different costumes.
After waiting for what seems like an eternity (a noisy one at that since all the girls were back there) it was finally her turn. She gets out there with a big smile on that never left her face throughout the dance and she watched her teacher just like we told her in case she forgot the dance. What a natural-no stage fright what-so-ever and she did her dance just great. I just couldn't stop smiling I was so proud! All the girls in her group did great. They did 2 dances one right after the other-the 2nd was just doing jingle bells w/ bells on their wrists and ankles with another group. It was too cute.
She has another one in a couple of weeks which hopefully won't be so crazy because it is just the dancers' family-not all the public. Maybe next time I will be as calm as Rylee (ya right!)

2 comments:

Tandee said...

How cute, and how fun for Rylee! She looks so excited for it, and I'm glad it went well for her (and you!) I love little dancers! =)

Heather R said...

Rylee was so stinkin cute and she did great! I know when I use to dance my mom always said she thought she got more nervous that I did so your not the only one!