Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Kindergarten Graduation


What an emotional week it has been. Everytime I pull into the school and think about Rylee leaving I get very teary eyed. I don't know why it is so hard for me to see her growing up-I think it is all just happening way to quickly.

Today was Calvary's kindergarten graduation and it was so cute. They had a little program and Rylee even had a part-she got to hold the R from the alphabet bet and say "R is for reading stories, even those that brought a tear" and she did a great job. They sang a couple songs and it is probably because I am just a little biased but I always think that she does the actions the best. She is so into it! And then they called each child up to shake Principal Peck's hand and give Mrs. Thompson a hug. I was doing good because I wasn't crying and I thought I had made it through without a tear. And then they awarded both kindergarten teachers a picture of their class and all the kids had signed it and finished with a prayer. And then the tears came and they just wouldn't stop. The worst part was that I kind of snorted. Oh well, it felt good to get it all out.

Calvary has been such a great school and Rylee really had a great experience and I am a little sad that we won't be going there next year as she was accepted to the new math and science school Mountain Valley for 1st grade. I will really miss Mrs. Thompson as she has been a part of Rylee's life for so long and has always been so good to her. I don't know what we'll do without her. Hopefully we can go and visit. I will also be starting a new job as of next week of Stay at home Mom. I made the hard decision of leaving my job so I could spend some more time with Rylee. I am not sure how this is going to go as I have worked since I was 16 years old and have been full time since I was 19. I am not quite sure what I will do with myself all day especially when Rylee goes back to school. I have some that say you will find things to do and others telling me I will be bored to tears. My boss was nice enough to say that if I happened to want a few hours come fall time to give him a call he would love to have me back so that's always nice to know if I start pulling my hair out! :)

Anyway to finish up this post I'll just say ON TO NEW ADVENTURES!

4 comments:

Heather R said...

Yea for Rylee! I can't believe is already done with Kindergarten. Yea for you too, it will be fun to be able to with her more :)

Tandee said...

I'm excited for you to be the classroom mom and things like you want. Rylee will remember those times. And if you do get bored, I've got kids you can borrow! =) j/k Anyway, I'm due June 23. Hopefully she'll come sooner, though. Don't worry. I'll be posting it all once she's born. You're sweet to think of us! Thanks, and good luck in your "new" job! =)

andrew's mom said...

Congratulations Rylee! We love you!

Unknown said...

Don't ever think it gets any easier as they grow up each milestone is so emotional for the parents but such a great learning experience for the child. She's a little doll baby sooooo cute!