Friday, December 11, 2009

Temple Square


So we headed to Temple Square this past weekend. It was a very short trip but it was fun. We went with my mom and dad and met my sister in Salt Lake to go see the Christmas lights at Temple Square. While Temple Square is always a beautiful sight no matter what time of year I think that the Christmas lights and Navity scenes make it extra special. Rylee had never seen them before and I just thought she would like them. It was really kind of chilly Friday night so I didn't really want to spend a whole lot of time meandering outside so we kind of rushed thru it all but we got to see what we went there for and we got to see the large statue of Jesus that I love. I loved the Mary and Joseph with baby Jesus on the water. They had lighted bubbles all around them-it was really neat. Later that night we went and saw the lights at Thanksgiving Point. The best part about that was you got to stay in your car and stay warm!








Saturday we went and got Rylee's pictures done @ Kiddie Kandids and then had lunch. It then started snowing pretty good so we hightailed it out of there before the roads became too bad. We were lucky enough that the snow actually stopped and our roads were dry. It was a quick trip but nice to spend time with family.

1 comment:

Tandee said...

I think I've only been to temple square once, and it was beautiful - but cold! Glad you got home on good roads. And Happy Birthday, Rylee! I'm sorry about little Goldie, though. Are you going to find a Goldie II?