Saturday, February 7, 2009

Should I Feel Guilty?

So last weeks Relief Society lesson was about how in these hard times we need to do with what you have and getting as much use out of what you have etc. The gal teaching even had an example about how like with your washer or dryer breaks there are books that can help you fix them or to use your resources like people that you know-someone will know how to fix it. So it was so funny (not really) that on Tuesday I went to put some towels in the dryer and my dryer did not sound so good. I had also noticed that weekend that I went to get the whites out the dryer and I smelt burnt rubber or something like that. So I called Justin in to listen to the dryer and he of course starts freaking out because it is never a good time to have a major appliance break down on you (deep down I was kind of excited because I could finally get new ones). Then I started thinking of our lesson that Sunday and I started feeling guilty because I knew that dryer was probably fixable.

But then I started thinking we got that washer and dryer for free almost 8 years ago and I figure I have gotten a lot of use out of that old dryer and even though the washer was perfectly fine I was not going to have another mis-matched washer and dryer. Plus I am sure the washer wouldn't be far behind (see how easy it is to talk yourself into feeling better).

So all of Thursday and Friday Justin was on the internet researching washers and dryers-which were rated high and whatever else he was looking for. We went to Sears Wednesday night and then Lowe's Thursday and we found what we were looking for.


Only drawback is they are black. White was available but they would have to be ordered and we needed them now-laundry day was only a couple days away. But the black matches all my appliances in my kitchen which are black and stainless steel. They look nice but you are cleaning them 24/7 because you can see everything and I mean everything. We had them delivered on Friday and already they need dusted! But I love my new washer and dryer-the inside of the washer actually smells good! And all my guilt is gone because some friends of Justin's parents knew people who wanted our old ones so they will continue to get as much use as possible.

I am really not trying to parade my new washer and dryer around but I am very excited about them. For 8 years I have had a used ugly beige (almost yellow) washer and a used white dryer and now I have a matching pair and they are new. I feel so clean! And we really got a good deal so that makes me feel even better

2 comments:

Lillian said...

Oh man. Front loaders are the best. We bought our first pair 7-8 years ago when they were still still unusual. When we moved a few years ago we had to leave our first pair behind but we immediately bought a new set. LOVE THEM! Watch, they'll make you a laundry snob! You'll never want to stick your clothes into a top loader again!

andrew's mom said...

Yes you should feel guilty-you are a complete and total spoiled rotten brat! Don't worry about me running my dryer three times to get a load dried.