Wednesday, August 27, 2008

End of Summer Celebration

I decided that I needed to have a little get together of Rylee's friends over before the summer came to an end. So I made up some invites for some kids at school and then some of our neighbors and friends to come to our house on Saturday for some fun. This is my problem-I come up with these ideas and I think they are just great at the time and then I start to worry. I am a chronic worrier. 1st I worried that no one would come and then I worried that we wouldn't have enough food for the people that showed up. I ended up getting 30 hamburgers and 40 hotdogs just to make sure I had enough! We have enough to do 3 more BBQ's if we wanted. I know this is comical but I would rather be prepared and have more than not enough. It is a never ending battle for me. Anyway, we were just going to have a BBQ and let the kids play on the plunge. Justin and I had bought sidewalk chalk, water guns and tons of bubble stuff for the kids in case they got bored of the plunge. It ended up being loads of fun. At least I thought so-I hope others thought that as well. We had invited a total of 10 kids and then their parents if they wanted to stay and 8 kids ended up coming along with their parents so it was a pretty good turnout. They started playing on the plunge and then it seemed they got tired and I started freaking out. I'm thinking the party has just started. But then I broke out the doritos and the kids dug right in-I mean these kids were taking HUGE handfuls of doritos so I thought maybe it was time for lunch. We ate and then the kids were ready to go again. They played on the plunge again and they played with the water guns and then the sidewalk chalk and bubbles. I am glad that I got the chalk and bubbles because I wasn't quite sure that anybody would want to do that. Anyway, it went really well and I am already looking forward to next years party!

2 comments:

andrew's mom said...

Why never any pics?

Rylee's Mom said...

I have to wait on Justin to upload the pics to the computer and then to his Picaso website so I can get them. Excuses, excuses-I know! Oneday you will get to see pictures-probably later than sooner